- June 29th, 2012
- Write comment
Your Website is the one marketing tool that is accessible to anyone in the world and it’s your best marketing asset. You may not be getting all the benefits you could from your site because it may not be as dynamic as it could be. If you haven’t done the following five essential things, maybe it’s time you consider freshening up your Website:
- Elevate Search Engine Rankings – By adding key words to your content, your site can get better rankings. Sites with content that is updated frequently usually rank higher in search engines. You should always update your site with news about your company, articles or tips related to your services with links to those articles. Adding a blog would also help your rankings by adding content constantly.
- Enhance Content and Performance – How many clicks does it take to get there? You don’t want your potential customer to get frustrated and leave your site because it takes too many clicks to get to the relevant information. Consider how your site is structured and see if it may need some trimming down. Over time, sites can get cluttered by pages and code that have become cumbersome from layers of updates.
- Add Social Media Icons – You want people to share pages from your Web site, so make your content something they want to share. The more sharing people do, the more visibility you will get. Don’t miss out on sharing content just because you don’t have social media icons.
- Increase Engagement of Your Site – User experience involves more than just design. You should streamline your information for successful delivery. Give your customer content that is relevant to them. Does your site look good on a mobile device? If not, you need to change that.
- Know What Your Users are Doing – Become engaged with the analytics of your site to know what your users are doing. If they like certain content, give them more of it. If they like reading your blogs, post more blogs that they can share. If certain pages have higher bouncing rates, research why those pages are not interesting to the visitor.
Website design and content need to be managed and updated in order for your site to give you the best return on the investment. If you thought putting up a Website would magically bring you customers, you’re probably finding out that’s not the case. You have to keep content fresh, the user experience should be pleasant and you should provide value to people so they keep coming back and sharing your materials.
If you think it’s time for your Website to be refreshed, get in touch with Hadfield Communications at www.hadfield.net. We’ll be glad to analyze your site and give you feed back on how to make it better.